Hand in Hand, Faith in Action
Camp Sheldrake is an outdoor adventure residential summer camp for boys and girls aged 5 – 17 years located in Bartibog, Miramichi, NB,
Camp Sheldrake focuses on building confidence, trust and social consciousness in youth through its daily programs.
Camp Sheldrake staff are a committed group of individuals who work together all summer long to make each camper’s experience a special one:
- Two Counselors per cabin group are responsible for the well-being and direct supervision of their campers. They also lead and plan activities throughout the week. One head counselor is a veteran staff member who provides important leadership and personal guidance for the other counselors.
- Our Kitchen Staff prepares and cooks delicious and healthy meals for our campers.
- One Kitchen Helper helps out preparing meals and cleaning dishes in the kitchen.
- One Health and Wellness Coordinator reside in our main hall, Dempsey, where s/he is able to give necessary medications, perform basic first aid, and act as a liaison between campers and their parents or guardians concerning any health-related issues that occur during the week.
- Our Assistant & LIT (Leaders-in-Training) Director is responsible for assisting the director and all leaders-in-training sessions scheduled during the summer, including their organization and implementation.
- Our Camp Director is responsible for ensuring the quality of Camp Sheldrake’s programs and is the direct supervisor of the other program staff.
- Our Chief Administrative Officer along with the board of directors oversees all aspects of Camp Sheldrake’s operations. To e-mail, the chief administrative officer, Joan McEvoy, click here: firstname.lastname@example.org
Camp Sheldrake also has its own kitchen and maintenance staff.
Volunteer opportunities at Camp Sheldrake are also available. Please contact us to find out how.