Hand in Hand, Faith in Action
Camp Counsellor Job Description
Camp Sheldrake is an accredited outdoor adventure camp for youth aged 5 – 17 years, located in Bartibog, NB. As a non-profit Catholic-based camp affiliated with the Roman Catholic Diocese of Saint John, our program bases itself in Christian values while welcoming campers of all denominations. Our programing encourages building confidence, trust and social consciousness in youth through its daily programs.
Reporting to the Camp director, the Camp Counsellor is responsible for planning and implementing Camp Sheldrake’s daily programs while directly supervising campers. The Camp Counsellors salary is based on 44hrs per week for an 8-week period from June 24- Aug 16,
with the possibility of additional hours in the off season for rentals depending on the degree of camp.
the Camp Counsellor’s duties will include but not limited to:
- Planning, and implementing camp programs, while supervising campers in a safe, and efficient manner in accordance with staff manual and accreditation guidelines.
- Attend all staff meetings and trainings
- Communicate and engage effectively with campers, staff, volunteers
- Camp Counsellor will have mid-summer and exit interview with Camp director.
Applicant must have or be willing to acquire the following skills:
- Capable of working independently and/or with a team
- Creative, energetic, resourceful, and have strong communication and leadership skills.
- have experience working with children
- Experience with: Canoeing, Archery, Arts and Crafts, Drama, Low Ropes, Zip line, climbing and rappelling,
The successful candidate will have:
- a high school diploma
- the ability to provide leadership, counsel, motivation and supervision to campers while working as a team with their fellow staff
- current and valid Workplace Standard First Aid + CPR (2 days), Criminal Record and Vulnerable Sector Check.
- must be willing to live on site while camp is in operation. Lodging and meals will be provided during this time.
- bilingualism is considered an asset.
- Lifeguard (NLS or Bronze Cross) an asset
- Salary per week: $526.24 (including 4% Vacation Pay)
- Please forward cover letter and resume to email@example.com
- Deadline for application: March 22, 2019